Official Contest Rules
BRANTFORD SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA iVISION CONTEST RULES
1. Agreement: These rules govern the BRANTFORD SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA iVISION CONTEST (“Contest”). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest rules and the decisions of the Contest judges, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all entrants.
2. Sponsor: The Contest sponsor is Brantford Symphony Orchestra (“Sponsor”).
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open to all residents of Ontario who have attained the age of 18, except for employees, their immediate families and anyone living with any employee of the Sponsor or its corporate affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies. Limit of one entry per person. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk drop offs, photocopies, scanned copies, facsimiles or other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted and will be disqualified.
4. Contest: To enter the Contest, click LIKE on our Facebook ad, read these Contest rules, and follow the instructions to enter during the Contest period (a valid Facebook address will be required). The Contest ends at 11:59PM Thursday, December 10, 2015. The potential winner will be chosen by random draw, which will take place at 241 Dunsdon Street, Brantford, ON on Friday, December 11, 2015. The potential winner will be contacted via Facebook by a representative of the Sponsor, and must reply within 24 hours to maintain eligibility. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within this time period or fails to respond to any attempted contact, such potential winner will be disqualified, his/her entry will be declared null and void and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select at random another eligible entry, in which event these provisions shall apply to such other eligible entry. In order to be eligible to win, the potential winner must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid.
5. Prize: One (1) winner will receive a pair of tickets (2) for the December 12, 2015 performance of Brantford Symphony Orchestra. The approximate retail value of the prize is $80.00. No cash or product substitutes. Winner must complete a release form before prize will be released. Winner must go to Sponsor location at Sanderson Centre, 88 Dalhousie Street, Brantford, ON to collect the prize won. If the winner does not claim the prize before 7:00PM EST on December 12, 2015, the selected entrant will have no further claim to the prize, or substitution. Sponsor will not mail or courier the prize and is not responsible for unclaimed prizes.
6. Release: Prior to receiving the prize, the winner may be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and release form releasing the Sponsor and its related parties from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the prize, confirming compliance with the rules and consenting to the use of his or her name and photograph, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor and/or its advertising and promotional agencies. The signed form must be received at the time of prize claim or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate entrant.
7. Privacy: We use your personal contact information to administer this Contest, including contacting, announcing and promoting prizewinners. In addition, we may use this information to send you offers or information from us, our affiliates and from selected sponsors or advertisers (“Marketing Offers”). If you do not wish to receive Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by: following the instructions at the bottom of any email Marketing Offer you receive, informing your telemarketer at the time you are called with a Marketing Offer, requesting that your personal information not be used for Marketing Offers, or requesting that your personal information not be used for Marketing Offers. The Contest is run in compliance with the BSO privacy code.
8. Banning: The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering the Contest whom it believes to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information and entering more than once.
9. Other: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. This Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or portion of the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed, beyond the standard manufacturer’s warranty. Sponsor is not liable for any lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical failures on the part of Contest software, virus, website down-time, human error or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. Use of any automated system including robotic or form filling software to enter or participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance.
If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. Authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.